Saturday, August 29, 2009

9th & 10th pregnancy check up..

The 9th check up was done in GH poli on 18th August and i'm about 29weeks pregnant. Due to the A(H1N1) flu, they have changed a little of their process to avoid us (pregnant lady) expose to the virus. Well, i don't think it really help because we, pregnant ladies and other patients, still waiting in the same hall. The only thing is we no need to pass by the outpatient clinics to the lab (nurse will come over to test our Hb) and pharmacy (nurse will collect the vitamin for us), then we will leave through another exit.

Urine test : normal
Blood pressure : 110/70
Hb : 10.0 (obviously has reduced again from my last record...sigh...)
Weight : 51.5kg
Baby's heart beating at 139bpm (ie. normal, within 120-160bpm)

Besides my Hb getting low again, i am doing well. Of course being nagged by the nurse on that and asked what i have done. Well, i really did nothing, eating as usual, not even having any tonic soup for the pass 3 weeks before this routine check. Is it because of that, my Hb reduced?? or because of the flu?? (I had flu for about 2 weeks plus and having antibiotic to cure it, finished and recovered 2 days before the check up). The nurse said, that could be the cause but she has then requested me to increase Iron supplement (2 tablets twice a day). Hopefully this does help.

My next appointment with the poli will be 2 weeks later. Since my last trimester begin, the routine check up is scheduled to once every 2 weeks.

*************************************************************

A nurse from the poli pay me a visit on 20/8/09 morning (2 days after my routine check in the poli). Well, she just dropped by to visit me, i guessed, because she told me she is going to visit a newborn baby stay in the same "taman" and she didn't even bring my record book. The nurse know me quite well because all the past visits was done by her. She checked my blood pressure (120/80) and asked whether i'm comfortable. She only spent about 10 mins.

*************************************************************

On 23rd August, went to the private gynea for routine check. My gynea (Dr Lim) wasn't available when i arrived due to emergency operation. I was being consulted by another gynea, Dr Raja. He is a much more experienced gynea but due to possible communication problem (scared i can't expressed well in English esp. during delivery due to panic), i didn't choose him as my gynea. I'm not sure how long he has been practised as a gynea, at least 20-30 years i think. He was my mum's gynea when my mum delivered my youngest brother 15 years ago. And my mum said at that time, he is already very experience.

Dr Raja is very strict, never like my gynea, Dr Lim, will greet me will a smile and ask how am i doing. He appeared to be very "cool" but he gone through my records very carefully during consultation. He asked some questions about my pregnancy history. He seems confused when i told him i got no diabetes as well as my parents (he asked twice). Then he requested me to bring my blood test report on my next appointment to confirm i had no Hepatitis B (wondering why my gynea didn't ask for it and now he wants it).

Urine test : normal
Blood pressure : 108/68
Weight : 51.5kg
No scanning since it has been done during last check up. Only baby heart beat checked, normal.

Besides, in a strict voice (sort of scolding me), Dr Raja requested me to stop taking tonic soup. He said he doesn't mean those Chinese herbal is bad but since we are not sure what is the cause for my last incident (also taking the same soup) and their functions clearly, it is better not to consume. He got the points, so i will be stopped taking the soup. Pertaining to my breath difficulty during sleep, he taught me to make a slope with pillows and sleep at my side on them. Well, it seems to help but sometimes, i cant get the slope done properly...hehe...

Since poli's has scheduled routine check every 2 weeks, my next appointment with private gynea will be 3 weeks later (suppose to be 4 weeks but it's Raya Holidays).

2 comments:

LHS said...

how time flies, another 2 more months to go :-)

Jess said...

huisia, ya...i cant wait to meet my girl... ;) your Jem also almost 6 months old dy...