Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mongolian spare ribs


My mum cooked this dish during my trip back to Malaysia and hubby requested me to learn to cook. Mum gave me the recipe where she cut from a newspaper. For this dish, i purposely brought the dried curry leaves here and kept in the fridge.

Yesterday, i tried to cook for the first time and hubby only gave me an average comment. *_* He said lack of some fragrant. I think should be the curry leaves lost the smell... :D Hopefully, could be better next time.

Ingredients:-
300g spare ribs
1 egg white
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon corn flour
salt
1 1/2 tablespoon fresh milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon chili sauce
curry leaves
red chilies

Steps:-
~Marinate the spare ribs with egg white, sesame oil, pepper, corn flour and salt for 1 hour.
~Coat the ribs with some corn flour and deep fry.
~Heat pan with butter. Fry curry leaves, red chilies and black pepper.
~Add in chili sauce and fresh milk.
~Add in the ribs and stir fry.

PS: I actually use more fresh milk than the recipe, because it dried out very fast. ;p

No comments: