Thursday, July 09, 2009

6th pregnancy check up..

Routine check up at GH poli was done on 30th June 2009. I am the only one that afternoon, so the check up is quite fast without waiting.

Urine test : normal
Blood pressure : 110/70
Hb : 9.5 (ONLY!!! reduced again!!!)
Weight : 47kg (gained about 2kg within a month, according to schedule, nothing to worry)

I was shocked when i saw the Hb result, wondering why it reduced again. I have started to take iron pills twice a day (sometimes forget though :p) and i make sure myself eating enough nutrition foods. Mum also keep making chicken soup for me.....

The nurses nagged on me when she saw my Hb result, i know it's very low. They said if it continue to be low, i might have to be admitted!!! (**my GOD** pls help). I told them i have no idea why since i have eaten as they taught. One of them check my baby's heart beat, it's normal.

Then, we have little chat on my Hb since they are free that afternoon. They asked whether i felt dizzy or any problem, which i don't. I am just as usual. We talked about my eating habits. I found out from them, iron pills have to take before meal and all other vitamins after meal which all the while i took wrongly ie. all at once after meal...hehe...^could it be the reason??^ Then one of the nurse asked whether i eat "Chinese red dates". Of course i did, it is known to help enriching blood. Coincidentally, i have just drink the drink cook with it before i go check up. But she told me, the red dates actually will split up our blood cells and causing it watery. That was what we don't know. So, we suspect that is the reason why my Hb become low when i go check up. Could be it helps to split the blood cells in order for my body to produce more blood, but the process wasn't fast enough. She suggest me not to eat so frequent. Anyway, will just try out and see, don't drink before my next check up.

Next appointment will be on 14th July. Due to my low Hb, they want me to have routine check once every 2 weeks. And i will have to start baby kick count. Well, since the poli is quite near to my house, i don't mind frequent check, as long is good for my baby. Hopefully i am okay from next check up onwards.

3 comments:

Joyce Chen said...

Take care, Jess...
You will be alright, we will pray for you.

凯丽。angie said...

don b too tired!!

me pray to u ....drink more black bean soup...

Jess said...

Joyce and Angie, thanks...will take care....