Saturday, October 10, 2009

14th & 15th pregnancy check up..

14th check up was done on 2nd Oct at private gynea. It's a really simple check up because i have just done the scanning at Muar GH few days ago.

Urine test : normal
Blood pressure : 117/65
Weight : 55.5kg ( didn't increased at all since weighted at GH....??? anyway, should be the scale problem...different type of scale different reading...)
Baby's heart beat normal.

Dr confirmed that my baby has get down, thats why i'm feeling pressure at my lower abdomen. Again, the Dr reminded me, i might deliver earlier. However earlier, he can't confirmed. But, he asked me not to worry too much, everything should be fine, just admit to hospital when the time comes. (Darling, don't be too early, daddy might not be back yet if you are due too early... :} )

*************************************************************

Went to GH poli for routine check on 5th Oct afternoon. This is the 3rd time hubby company me for pregnancy check up. The last 2 times was at Hongkong and China during my 1st trimester.

Urine test : normal
Blood pressure : 110/70
Hb : 11.6
Weight : 55.6kg
Baby's heart beating at 135 bpm.

Dr did a scan for me. She didn't measure baby's size since the measurement has just done at GH a week ago. She just confirmed my baby is doing well. Also, telling hubby which is baby's head, heart, and etc. I'm glad hubby has the chance to see how our baby looks like in my tummy before i deliver (The last 2 times, our baby still hasn't developed :} ).

Due to my pregnancy history, GH Dr advised the nurse in poli to do a Maternal Glucose Tolerance Test (MGTT) for me. It is to determine the risk of having pregnancy diabetes. Therefore, i have to be back to the poli the next day morning for the test. The nurse requested me to fast from 10.00pm that night and can't take any breakfast the next morning.

6th Oct early in the morning, after the nurse taking the 1st blood sample, she gave me a cup of sugar water consists of 75gm sugar. The taste is really awful and i was told to finish it within 5 mins. Then, the nurse allowed me to go home for rest and be back at the poli after 2 hrs for 2nd blood sample. Within the 2 hrs i still can't had any food besides plain water. The 2 hrs was a hard time. Am really uncomfortable after drinking the sugar water. I felt blur and my stomach was spinning. The nurse said it's normal reaction but i am glad the feeling only happen in that 2 hrs. I wonder who actually originate this test. Anyway, it worth since it's done for me and my baby's benefit. The nurse will informed me earlier if my test have problem, otherwise they'll let me know the result on next appointment.

Since i am almost 36 weeks pregnant, from this week onwards, my routine check will be once a week.

No comments: