Thursday, October 29, 2009

My 3rd trimester

Since 3rd trimester started, i felt myself get tired easily, feeling sleepy always. Even though i have make sure myself had enough rest, take a nap in the afternoon, but sometimes that don't really help, still feeling tired. . Well, i know it's due to hormones change, nothing much can be done.

As my baby growing bigger and leaving limited space in my tummy, i found myself having breathing difficulty especially when i lie down or after meal. Achiness at my lower abdomen and lower back, leg cramp since end of 2nd trimester continues. Besides, my lower chest bone, stomach and other part in my tummy also experienced achiness. I even feel numbness at my fingers. Luckily, all that usually happened at night, when i am about to sleep or sometimes during sleep. But because of that i tend to spend longer time to fall asleep and easily awaken.

On the other hand, my stomach starts getting gassy again. Am always burping loudly especially after meals. Also, i have to control myself not to eat full because of heartburn and breathing difficulty. Else, i'll feel uncomfortable.

My baby continue moving actively. But there are times which make me anxious, when she's moving softly and i don't really sure whether she's moving. For that, i'll hit my tummy softly and wait for her reaction. She'll response by kicking or some movements. That's really cute.

Starting mid 3rd trimester, i had to wake up at least twice at night for urine. That's really annoying. I already had to spend longer times getting the most comfortable position to fall asleep, and yet have to wake up 2 times. Besides, i had to spend longer time for 'defecate'.

My baby is hiccupping!! I had feel that 3-4 times a day since mid 2nd trimester actually. It feels like my baby kicking softly rhythmically. I thought my girl is playing inside my tummy. Until i read a pregnancy weekly newsletter, then only i know it is her, hiccupping. According to the newsletter, it's normal and shows a sign of good health. :)

Someday during mid 3rd trimester, i feel myself having contraction, not frequent, once in a while like 2-3 times in a day. Check with gynea and nurse, it's normal. The causes maybe hungry, tiredness, mood or etc. As long as it's not frequent and continuously, nothing to be worry, but i had to get more rest. It maybe a sign that i may deliver earlier before EDD. Therefore, they want me to be careful on it's frequency. If it's more than 4 times in an hour, i'll have to go to hospital.

@ 36weeks...

My tummy getting lower, pressuring my pelvic and lower abdomen. I have to urinate more often especially at night, else it'll caused pain at my lower abdomen. But i felt my stomach, lung and chest bone at ease. On the other hand, as i felt my tummy getting more and more heavy, my steps also getting heavier. I can't stand and walk for long even sit also cannot stay at same position for long.

I no longer be able to see my belly button and those ugly stretch marks has appeared. Hopefully, they'll gone after labor.

Every evening my tummy will get really hard, feeling like my tummy going to explode from inside and causing me hard in walking even sit. Sometimes causing pain at my lower back and lower abdomen. Glad that it'll soften in the morning, at least i'm comfortable during the day.

@ 37weeks ...

During check up, Dr told me that my baby has reached 3kg. No wonder, as the space in my tummy become more limited, i started feel pain again when i lie down. Feel like something heavy in my tummy and i had to sleep at my side, left side mostly. Because, baby's legs are on my right side, sometimes they will press on my chest bone causing pain if i sleep on right side.

@ 38 weeks...

Having a good night sleep seems to be more and more difficult because i tend to wake up many times at night for urine even though i didn't increased fluid intake. Maximum would be 5 times a night, really got me crazy.

Also, i noticed myslf having edema, a very minimal one at my legs. Dr said that's fine since my urine and blood test are normal.

Since my baby is growing bigger, my waistline has reached 39inches @38weeks, but my weight no longer increasing. I have grown a total of 13kg. Dr said my baby is about 3kg and i guessed the amniotic fluid is about another 3kg. So the rest weight would be mine??? My god!!! That's about 7kg!! ***wanna faint@_@***

The contractions (Braxton Hicks) also getting more frequent, about few times a day. Besides, vaginal discharge also seems to increase. I know all that's normal but it makes me tension since my baby is full term, could comes anytime. Because i don't really sure is it true "the time has comes" especially when i feel pain at my tummy. I'm so blur with those fake signs.

I noticed my tummy is "hard" always and limiting my movements even more. Also, baby's movements seems to reduce during daytime. When i'm in doubt of whether my baby is doing well, i'll massage my tummy with my hand. My girl will always response with little movements. ;p

@ 39 weeks...

Feeling more and more uncomfortable at my tummy, lower abdomen, pelvic as well as my lower back. Nurse at the poli confirmed my baby has positioned at mt pelvic causing the uncomfort, but they are hard to predict when i'll give birth.

Anyway, i'm ready to meet my girl....

No comments: